Kimberly Koves’ practice includes complex commercial disputes and regulatory matters, with a focus on securities and financial services litigation and arbitration. Kim represents brokerage firms, financial institutions, registered representatives, investment advisors, insurance agents, and corporations in federal and state court and in arbitration. Kim has successfully defended a securities fraud class action lawsuit and other matters involving claims of fraud or other misconduct asserted against financial services firms and other businesses and their related individuals. She was also recently second-chair in a FINRA arbitration proceeding where she defended a claim for breach of a promissory note against a global financial services firm. The FINRA arbitration panel awarded her client over $10 million, including $500,000 in punitive damages.
Kim obtained her law degree from Stetson University College of Law where she was a Notes and Comments Editor for the Stetson Law Review, and served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Elizabeth A. Jenkins, United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida. She graduated cum laude from James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia, with a degree in Political Science.
Prior to law school, Kim was a corporate and business securities litigation paralegal with a nationally-recognized law firm in Washington, D.C. and New York City where she gained experience with SEC regulatory work and securities litigation.
Kim is a board member of the Tampa Bay Chapter of the Federal Bar Association and is actively involved in the Hillsborough County Bar Association and the Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers.
- C.H. Ferguson M.E. White American Inn Court, Fall 2014, Associate
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- The Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers
- American Bar Association, Business Law and Litigation sections
- Tampa Bay Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, Co-Chair, Young Lawyers Division
- J.D., Stetson University College of Law, 2012 (Notes and Comments Editor, Stetson Law Review)
- B.A., cum laude, James Madison University, 2006
- Florida (2012)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida (2014)
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida (2012)
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2016-2017)
- President’s Award, Tampa Bay Chapter of the Federal Bar Association (2017)
- 2016-2017 Leadership Institute Class of the Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Outstanding Associate Award, Stetson Law Review, Stetson University College of Law
- William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award, Stetson University College of Law
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society