Prior to joining the firm, Kris spent over ten years in the financial services industry, working in various roles such as Financial Advisor with Edward Jones, and Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., as well as a Senior Compliance Advisor and Trust Investment Officer for Raymond James.
Kris is also a veteran of the United States Air Force where he served six years as a Crew Chief maintaining aircraft such as the F-117A Stealth Fighter and F-16 Fighting Falcon. During his six years, Kris was promoted to the rank of Staff Sergeant and received the John L. Levitow Award, the Air Force Commendation Medal, and two Air Force Achievement Medals. Kris was also a member of the F-117A Air Show Demonstration Team.
Kris obtained his law degree cum laude from Stetson University College of Law where he was a member of Stetson’s Moot Court Team. Kris represented Stetson in the 2017 Robert Orseck Memorial Moot Court Competition, having the privilege to argue in front of the Florida Supreme Court Justices, obtaining the Best Oralist Award and Final Round Winner. While attending Stetson, Kris served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Thomas B. McCoun, III, United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida and the Honorable Caryl E. Delano, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida. Kris graduated cum laude from the University of Tampa with a degree in Finance.
- Federal Bar Association – Tampa Bay Chapter
- J.D., cum laude, Stetson University College of Law (Moot Court Team)
- B.S., Finance, cum laude, University of Tampa
- Recipient, Academic Excellence Merit-Based Scholarship, Stetson University College of Law 2014 – 2017
- Book Award, Research & Writing II, Stetson University College of Law
- Best Oralist and Winner, Phelps Dunbar First-Year Appellate Advocacy Competition
- Best Oral Advocate, 2017 Robert Orseck Memorial Moot Court Competition
- Final Round Winner, 2017 Robert Orseck Memorial Moot Court Competition
- Graduated Top of the Fall 2017 Graduating Class, Stetson University College of Law