Regulatory and White Collar
We defend businesses and individuals facing government investigations, including regulatory enforcement actions and criminal prosecutions. We understand the significant harm to business and reputation these investigations can inflict, including the potential for stiff monetary penalties and even incarceration. Business entities and individuals, including corporate officers and directors, increasingly find themselves facing the threat of parallel government investigations involving the potential for civil, administrative, and criminal proceedings. These investigations often involve the coordination of state, federal, and even international regulatory and law enforcement agencies. We are experienced in helping our clients navigate the complexities and challenges of parallel government investigations.
In those instances where the government does bring charges against our clients, we have the experience to zealously defend and challenge every stage of the case including the trial, sentencing, and appellate stages. We have significant experience trying criminal cases and enforcement actions in federal court in Florida and across the United States.
The lawyers at WGK have decades of white collar experience in private practice as well as working with the Department of Justice. The firm’s roster of white collar defense lawyers includes seasoned trial lawyers and a former assistant U.S Attorney and trial attorney with the Department of Justice, Tax Division.
Our lawyers will represent clients facing any manner of government investigation, including:
- Investigations and enforcement actions by the SEC, CFTC, FINRA and other government agencies and self-regulatory organizations (SROs)
- Defense of white collar criminal matters
- IRS investigations and audits
- Offshore bank account compliance and voluntary disclosure issues
- Health care fraud and Anti-Kickback Statute investigations
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) investigations
- Criminal Anti-Trust investigations
- Bank Secrecy Act and Money Laundering investigations
- International and extradition matters
- Public corruption investigations
- Grand Jury investigations
- Asset forfeiture proceedings
- Federal Trade Commission actions
- Internal investigations
- Disciplinary matters
- State regulatory actions
- Representation in administrative proceedings
- Officer and directory liability